Since January 2012, employees on the Dutch Continental Shelf have enjoyed the same entitlements as employees on Dutch soil. They are entitled to benefits and enjoy the same employment rights.
Anyone employed on the Dutch Continental Shelf is entitled to benefits under the:
- Sickness Benefits Act (ZW);
- Unemployment Insurance Act (WW);
- Work and Income (Capacity for Work) Act (WIA);
- General Child Benefit Act (AKW);
- Surviving Dependants Act (ANW);
- General Old Age Pensions Act (AOW);
- Exceptional Medical Expenses Act (AWBZ).
Employees can also claim childcare benefit, means-tested child allowance and healthcare benefit. In addition, they are required to take out healthcare insurance. Read more